Yakima Fire Department (YFD) crews responded to a fire last night, Wednesday, October 9th, in the 800 block of Wilson Lane.
YFD responded to the call at 7:20 pm last night when a neighbor reported seeing flames from the roof of a house. Firefighters arrived and worked quickly to extinguish the fire and contain the damage to the roof and attic space.
An occupant was inside the home at the time of the fire and was unaware of the fire above him. He was able to leave the house without injury, but did not have a working smoke alarm in place at the time of the fire.
A wood burning stove was in use at the time of the fire, and a heating malfunction is believed to be the probable cause.
The estimated dollar loss is $20,000.
Call 575-6060 or visit https://yakimafire.com/ for more about the Yakima Fire Department.